September 16, 2017
The Proposal: I (Lizzie) was not expecting that the work conference Tommy invited me on would be anywhere exciting, and then he pulled out a flier with a giant Eiffel Tower on the front. He schemed with a colleague to make several pages of fake fliers and even had a female colleague email me about the dress code for a big company dinner scheduled for our first night in Paris. I remember thinking it was so bizarre that he wanted to look at Notre Dame from the river right before the company dinner when we were already running late. The next thing I knew, he was down on one knee! There was a passenger barge on the river right behind us that was cheering and shouting their congratulations. I was so excited to learn that it was actually a trip for just the two of us and we’d have a week in Paris to spend as a newly engaged couple.
Favorite Moments: I was so nervous walking in at the beginning of the service that I could barely tell who was in the church, but at the end walking down the aisle, it was so exciting and humbling to see so many of our family and friends celebrating with us. The entire day is such a blur, and walking down that long aisle forces you to be in the moment and really soak in one of the happiest times of your entire life.
- Venues: First United Methodist Church, Gadsden Country Club
- Florist: Attalla Florist, Benny Campbell
- Caterer: Gadsden Country Club
- Cake: Cakes by Lorraine
- Videographer: Fractal Image
- Invitations: Peppermint Pony
- Calligraphy: Robin Wilson
- Wedding Dress: Vera Wang
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Vera Wang
- Hair and Makeup: Kaitlin Nixon
- Ceremony Music: Benny McNair
- Reception Band: Trotline
- Draping and Linens: Top Notch