November 7, 2020
Photos by Leslie Hollingsworth
How We Met: Mitchell and I (Katelyn) met at Otey’s in Mountain Brook. I was with girlfriends talking about how hard it is to meet a good guy. Then in walks Mitchell, I looked at him and it was like I had known him all my life. I’ll never forget his big smile he had. He said he could hear my laugh from across the room. He got my number and called me the very next morning to set up a date.
The Wedding Dress: It had a big bow on the back, something I have always wanted, and pockets of course. My mom is very advanced with Alzheimer’s, so it was impossible to pick out my special wedding pieces with her as she cannot communicate with us anymore. We were able to have her with me when I picked out my cathedral length veil though. It was really special to me that she was there, and my dad had all the right suggestions for choosing the perfect veil. My dad was remarkable throughout the wedding planning!
Favorite Moment: I loved seeing Mitchell’s reaction when he first saw me. It was so sweet, and I will always remember it! I also loved walking downstairs from getting ready at Mountain Brook Club and seeing my party come to life with the flowers, decorations and a beautiful white stage.
Favorite Details: I absolutely loved my wedding paper suite; it had my family crest at the top with hand calligraphy by Marsha Lassiter. I will always love the fact that our first dance was to “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” by Stevie Wonder – Mitchell and I love to dance! Also, the flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted; I incorporated pheasant and turkey feathers in my flowers to include Mitchell’s love for hunting.
- Ceremony Venue: Shades Crest Baptist Church
- Reception Venue: Mountain Brook Club
- Wedding Planner: Three Fold Events
- Florist: Pink Pear Florist
- Cake: Barbs Cakes
- Videographer: Max Bernard
- Invitations: Gilm Press & Marsha Lassiter Calligraphy
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Madeline Hulsey, Mad Style,
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear Mountain Brook
- Music: Big City Rhythm with East Coast Entertainment
- Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Wedding Rings and Wedding Day Gifts: Steeds Jeweler
- Custom Rehearsal Dinner Dress: Katherine Vier