December 15, 2018
How We Met: Alexander and Brailyn crossed paths four years ago at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa where they lived across the street from each other. As the school year progressed, Alexander began going over to visit Brailyn more and more, and the two started to realize how many mutual friends they had and were surprised that they hadn’t met sooner.
The Proposal: After a long day of traveling and sightseeing around San Francisco, Alexander and Brailyn headed to dinner reservations at a restaurant underneath the Bay Bridge called WaterBar. Brailyn turned around to marvel at the size of the bridge and when she turned back around Alexander was on one knee! The entire restaurant witnessed the proposal and the couple was sent congratulatory champagne all throughout the night.
Favorite Moments: Having our black lab, Wrigley, make an appearance on the wedding day for photos was by far their favorite part and made the best pictures! Santa Claus also made a guest appearance to see who was on the naughty and nice list. Also, Alexander’s mother gave him his father’s Rolex as a wedding gift. She kept the watch in a safe after Mr. Barineau passed away, saving it for Alexander’s wedding. She gave it to Alexander along with the original box and paperwork from Bromberg’s where his father purchased it 24 years earlier.
Favorite Detail: Brailyn and Alexander had white Russian cocktails on their first date, so they served them as a signature cocktail at the reception.
- Ceremony Venue: Canterbury United Methodist Church
- Reception Venue: The Theodore
- Wedding Planner: M. Elizabeth Events
- Florist: HotHouse Design Studio
- Caterer: Savoie Catering
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Invitations: Jan Pruitt / Ann Blount
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Brittany Benton Massey
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Loose Chain
- Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Lighting Design: Design Productions
- Ice Sculpture: Nick Hartman